About Sound Grants
Beverly Kincaid, the principal of Sound Grants, has been preparing grant proposals for a variety of causes for ten years. A long-time resident of Kitsap County, Kincaid began her work life in health care in the early 1970’s. She worked in labor relations for 5 years prior to serving as Workforce Development Coordinator at Olympic College. It was there that she first used her exceptional skills to research and prepare successful grants resulting in hundreds of thousand of dollars in funding for career and technical education programs at the college.
Sound Grants had its beginnings in 2001; after several months of work with a variety of organizations, Beverly assumed a part-time position as the grant writer for Catholic Community Services in Tacoma, Washington. A few months later, the agency requested her to assume the grants management role for the entire Southwest Region of Washington State, an area encompassing 13 counties and including a wide array of social service programs including shelter and housing programs, soup kitchens, youth tutoring, Latino literacy, pediatric interim care, early learning centers, foster care, mental health counseling, senior services, and others. During this time she also served as communications manager for the 13-county region and also helped program managers hone their grant writing skills.
In 2005, after nearly 5 years and many weary hours on the road, she decided to leave Catholic Community Services to re-establish Sound Grants as a home-based business.
Kincaid has extensive experience in the non profit world. She has served as a director and officer on several non-profit boards. Her participation, past and present, in the following organizations reflects her commitment to the vitality of her community and the citizens therein:
- Bremerton Historic Ships Association - Board member (President 1996-1999)
- Sinclair Landing Association - Board member (Treasurer)
- Marine Transportation Association of Kitsap – President
- Bremerton Area Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Kitsap Youth Partnership - Member
- YWCA – Member, 1996 “Woman of Achievement”
- Westsound Technical Skills Center - Chair, General Advisory Committee
- Westsound Technical Skills Center Foundation - Founder, Board President
- United Way of Kitsap County - Board member, Chair, Nominating Committee
- Soroptimist International of Greater Bremerton - Chair, Services Committee
- NAACP, Bremerton Chapter - Member
- Kitsap County Historical Museum - Member
- American Red Cross King and Kitsap Counties - Board member
In addition to the organizations mentioned above, she maintains membership in the Puget Sound Grantwriters Association (PSGA), American Association of Grant Professionals (AAGP), and The Nonprofit Center. She has played a lead role in developing South Sound PSGA - a grant writers’ networking and professional development venue for beginning and experienced grant writers in the outlying counties.
All content ?copyright Sound Grants 2006, all rights reserved.